Friday, June 19, 2009

Qoola Yogurt + Fruit (West End, Vancouver, BC)

*Finally* tried Qoola when I went biking last weekend. It was nice to work up an appetite / burn off some calories before indulging in a (healthy) sweet treat.



Everyone has heard about Qoola. (Minus a certain little sister, up until a couple weeks ago.) The store has a real clean, fresh vibe to it - bright walls, nice layout, and recyclable / compostable cutlery and containers. It is a philosophy that I can get behind!

I opted for a medium green tea frozen yogurt with blackberry and sea foam toppings, and my bill came to a little over $7. I note this only because on the same day, M purchased a whole meal next door for the same price (I'll post about it later). They were both great-tasting items, but when I worked out that it cost me almost a dollar each for a sprinkle of crushed honeycomb candy and about five blackberries, I felt a little ripped off.



It did taste good - tangy, light and slightly sweet. It was creamy and you could taste each ingredient - matcha, blackberry and the crushed candy. I guess I'm just a suburb bumpkin at heart though. It'll take a real craving for me to shell out the bucks for toppings!

Qoola Yogurt + Fruit

1116 Denman Street [map]

Vancouver, BC

Phone: (604) 801-6338

Qoola Yogurt + Fruit on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails