Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Review: La Piazza Dario Ristorante (Vancouver, BC)

Wine Rack at La Piazza Dario Ristorante.!

I had a work event that brought me to the Italian Cultural Center one weekday afternoon. Little did I know that the "Dario" restaurant that I had passed so many times in my childhood / commutes / trips downtown was a classy stop for lunch or dinner!

It was also my birthday, and my boss (one of the best!) treated me to a lunch at La Piazza Dario Ristorante. I was surprised that the place was so busy - there were several large parties in the establishment, and we were serviced by waitresses, maitre'ds, and busboys galore.

There were a number of business people in their various attire, as well as some older couples dining during my stay.

The prices were quite reasonable and Dario's focuses on quality more than quantity. I thoroughly enjoyed my penne with meat sauce, and later, a cannoli.

Does anyone know where they source their desserts from?? I haven't had such good cannoli since I got back from Victoria! It was fresh, light, crisp and nicely sweetened.

Light, refreshing cannoli at La Piazza Dario Ristorante. The perfect way to end off a meal!

I'm looking forward to visiting La Piazza Dario Ristorante with the boy (you know. When I can talk him into it. :p)

La Piazza Dario Ristorante

3075 Slocan Street [map]

Vancouver BC

Phone: 604-430-2195

Dario's la Piazza Ristorante on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. My husband & I were surprised when we found a really good cannoli at a Jewish deli on Oak St. called Kaplan's Star deli. It was an unexpected find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird! I'm also on a cannoli quest! Wow, someone else as food obsessed as me in Vancouver? I looked up La Piazza' site but there was no mention of cannoli in their dessert menu. Have you tracked down the source? Or is it worth going to La Piazza's in hopes to find it anyway? Reading about it on your blog makes me want it more now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, Yes! I am still obsessed with cannoli. Have you found any contenders in Vancouver? So far I am pretty pleased with Italia Bakery on Hastings - family *loved* the ones that they received on Valentines Day. Plus, Italia Bakery does a amazing lobster tail / sfogliatelle. Do give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails