Thursday, January 22, 2009

Vancouver Playhouse International Wine Festival!

Prepare for delicous food and spectacular wines! The Vancouver Playhouse International Wine Festival is coming to Vancouver on March 23rd to 29th!



I found a surprise in my mailbox last evening. The Playhouse Internation Wine Festival program!

I went to Salud Chile, an event held at O'douls downtown with M last year and had a great time. I think it made me really appreciate Chilean wines, and I found a couple favourites that I would have never tried! Plus there were a lot of great foods - raw oysters, deliciously fresh and piquant ceviche, an assortment of cheeses, fruits, and crackers, dungeness crab ravioli, seared beef and chicken skewers, and lots of hors d'oevres were being passed.

We're debating whether we should go back to the same event (we are foodies and not winos at heart!), or to a different venue. We're definately not going to the formal wine tastings, I think the food events are just more fun and social.

Are you going to any events this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails