Saturday, February 6, 2010

February is for Saps, anyways, so here we go.

In light of the fact that it is February and February is for saps, and I have sap instead of blood running through my veins, and also the fact that the first anniversary / birthday of this blog was blogged about half-heartedly earlier this year, and given that the "launch" of this blog was soft anyways, here is an obligatory birthday / first anniversay post for the blog that is Yum-O-Rama.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to you, the reader, for following along, and commenting on our food exploits. It motivates us to hear the feedback, positive comments, and constructive criticism. Thank you to everyone who knows us in RL and has told us they like seeing where we are eating and posting about! Thank you to the family and friends - it feels good to know that you are reading. I love it when you say that you had sudden cravings for Japanese / baked goods / fruit / [insert food here] after reading the blog (Iz!)! Thank you to everyone for dining suggestions and tips! Thank you anyone who has cooked for us, who has ever had us in their home for dinner / lunch / a snack.

Thank you for anyone who has ever gotten us a kitchen gadget or cookbook or passed on a recipe - you inspire us! Thank you to all the food bloggers, worldwide - your restaurant reviews, recipes, photos and content give us something to aspire to. :)

Thank you to the forum posters and fellow bloggers for showing the linky love! Thank you tweeters for following us, thank you to the fans on facebook! It is always nice to know that you are listening.

I'd like to Thank my momma who cooked me dinner the other night. She made some delicious local rock cod, and my favourite cruciferous vegetable, cauliflower sauteed with garlic, squid, and momma-magic.



The fish was *fresh*, even though I had to do the recommended scraping of the bones with a teaspoon as to "not break the fish" (as in, the fish, the fish! Don't break the fish!!! Use a spoon!). On that note, I'd also like to thank Daddy-ah for stopping eating (in his own home, even!) while I produced my camera and snapped a couple photos. Perhaps I have finally trained my family to stop eating long enough for me to take photos! (Or they know that if I have a hand, chopstick, fork or spoon in the photo, I'll have to take a second, third, fourth or fifth photo to make up for it. And that takes longer than just stopping for a couple seconds.)

Thank you to little yee yee for making me learn to love my (now favourite!) vegetables, broccoli and cauliflower! Who knew that little games like "planting" broccoli and cauliflower florets in a bowl of rice would do the trick? Thank you to g'ma for introducing me to spam! And ensuring that I had to like eating five to six meals a day when I was in elementary school! :p

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone! This second year of Yum-O-Rama will be full of more consistently-posted content that is delicious, fresh, and insightful!

Now feel free to drink some shots of espresso, or 40proof vodka to water down all this sappiness! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blog's first year anniversary. I enjoy reading your blog. Thank you for all your and your family and friend's sacrifices for the sake of the blog. More power to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading Jonnek!
    Everyone thanks you too. :) I think this blog has (hopefully) broadened some of my familys' perspective of different foods.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails